I’ve decided to start a monthly segment of my blog called State of the Writer, where at the end of each month I review what I’ve worked during the month. Consider it one part a peek into the writer’s life, one part practicing in public, and one part holding myself accountable.
The stats leading up to September are as follows:
- Developed a daily writing habit where I started writing at 5 am. Every. Single. Day.
- Wrote 84,625 words
- Finished 3 drafts of my first novel, Dangerous Contracts
- Began my second novel, Title still TBD, currently 15 chapters
- Wrote 26,237 new words in September
- Began outlining next project – DNA Detective Series
- Began editing Dangerous Contracts
- Created cover options for Dangerous Contracts
- Finalized book blurb for Dangerous Contracts
- Began sending Dangerous Contracts out to alpha readers
- Total words since May 2017: 104,188
So that’s what I did in September. I’ve learned that having a daily writing habit helps. Butt in chair, hands on keyboard. It really is the only way the work gets done.